Merlin Chatbot Training
Thank you for helping us train Merlin!
Merlin is an up and coming new feature of the Ohio Renaissance Festival, a digital AI assistant and helper! Merlin will serve and answer common questions visitors may have about the festival.
During the beta phase, we ask that you interact with Merlin and ask him questions about the festival. These can questions you have or questions you know other guests would have to help train Merlin. Merlin will probably not know many answers at the moment, that’s what training is for!
How to train Merlin
- Click the purple “chat” icon in the lower right side of the screen
- Enter your name and click “start”
- Talk to Merlin
- That’s it!
Tips for training
- If Merlin does not know an answer or provides the wrong answer do not give Merlin the correct answer. Simply move on with more questions.
- Merlin has been given a personality and should display it. Don’t be afraid to talk to Merlin like a real person.
- Think about questions you had when you first started coming to the festival, or questions you’ve heard other visitors ask.
- If you have an idea of a function to add to the chatbot, end the chat and put your idea in the review box.
How your training is used
- Your chats with Merlin will be reviewed, especially if he did not know the answer or gave an incorrect answer. Merlin will then be trained on these subjects by the festival team so he can give correct information in the future.